Mobilecause is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers donors. Mobilecause does not sell, trade or rent personal information about our donors with third-party organizations. The donor data belongs to our customers and stored on our servers on their behalf.
MobileCause may collect personal data about donors for a number of reasons:
· to administer and maintain accounts relating to donations and MobileCause services
· to facilitate fundraising
· to communicate with donors and potential donors as requested by their customers
· to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
Such personal information may include: name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card number when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. (In accordance with PCI compliance regulations, Credit Card information is collected but not stored.) In addition, MobileCause keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used by MobileCause to analyze overall giving patterns in order and produce benchmark data.
Recognition and Reporting
Where appropriate, and with the knowledge and consent of the donor, MobileCause may publicly recognize the receipt and purpose of an individual gift for its customers through reporting. Data on donors and donation amounts may be aggregated and stripped of identifying information for reporting purposes without the explicit consent of the donors.
Office policies are in place to safeguard donor information, including:
· Physical measures, including locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices
· Organizational measures, such as security clearances and limiting access on a “need to know” basis
· Technological measures, such as the use of passwords and encryption
Individual records are kept only as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they were collected and to comply with applicable laws.
An individual may withdraw his or her consent to collection, use or disclosure at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. MobileCause makes reasonable efforts to keep donor files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. Donors who wish to access, update or correct personal contact information, remove themselves from our database or discuss a privacy concern MobileCause can contact the administration department at email@example.com .