3 Back to School Campaign Ideas from Real Nonprofits
WRITTEN BY LINDSEY HIMPHILL
As we enjoy our last weeks of summer, many parents, students, educators, faculty and staff are preparing for the start of a new school year. With school starting again comes a great opportunity for K-12 schools to fundraise to support their students and teachers in the upcoming months. Here to get your own creative juices flowing are three Back to School Campaign ideas from real nonprofits.
1. Santa Rosa County District Schools / United Way of West Florida “Stuff the Bus” Campaign
Santa Rosa County District Schools in partnership with the United Way of West Florida introduced a “Stuff the Bus” campaign. This campaign encouraged donors to drop off school supplies but also suggested online donations to ensure that local students received what they needed to succeed in the upcoming school year.
What’s great about their campaign:
- For their campaign they shared specific impact metrics for what each donation would help provide to students. For example,“$10 represents 1 pencil box, 100 #2 pencils, scissors, and 2 wide-ruled notebooks.” These metrics help demonstrate to donors the direct impact and importance of their gift.
- This organization used text-to-donate to share their campaign and encourage supporters to text SCHOOL850 to 41444 so donors could easily give from anywhere using their mobile device.
2. Education Foundation of Palm Beach County
The Education Foundation of Palm Beach County serves over 179,000 students in Palm Beach with over 120,000 of those students living in poverty. Through their Backpack and School Supply drive, they aimed to fundraise enough to provide 5,000 backpacks full of school supplies to students in need.
What’s great about their campaign:
- This organization used Crowdfunding to recruit sponsors, ambassadors, and individuals to fundraise with them. Companies and individuals signed up to create their own fundraising pages and then they shared the campaign with their own social networks to garner more support for the drive.
- This nonprofit encouraged recurring giving on their donation form by setting the default frequency amount to “monthly.” This allows a donor’s support to make an even greater impact over time while creating sustaining and predictable revenue for the organization.
Would you like to learn more about how MobileCause can help you set up a mobile giving campaign for your organization?
3. Fort Bend Education Foundation
Fort Bend Education Foundation’s mission is to enrich and enhance the quality of education to students in their community. This organization recognized that even though many students are returning to face-to-face instruction, there are still some students who do not have access to a computer device or internet connectivity at home, which can be a hindrance to their learning.
What’s great about this campaign:
- Fort Bend used an Event Page to share the most important information about their campaign, detailing the need for fundraising and how funds raised will benefit students of different ages.
- The organization took to social media to share their campaign. They created compelling campaign graphics and shared their donation form as well as a text to donate keyword, offering many ways an individual could support.
Back to School campaigns give your nonprofit the opportunity to introduce fundraising and kick off a great start to the school year. Try running your own Back to School campaign to help rally donors together in support of students and ensure a successful 2021 – 2022 school year!
Digital Fundraising Strategist
Our goal at MobileCause is to help nonprofit organizations create and manage successful digital fundraising campaigns, raise more money and retain donors longer. Request a free demo with one of our fundraising experts to learn, step by step, how MobileCause can simply help set up your campaigns while transforming your results.
Did you like this post? Never miss a beat on fundraising tips and trends by subscribing to our blog.
Download these free resources to help you maximize your fundraising efforts this global day of giving.
Get a Personalized Demo Today!
See why thousands of nonprofits trust MobileCause to create engaging experiences for their donors. Raise more money, scale your mission and connect with your donors in more meaningful ways.