Carly Stec, Staff Writer for HubSpot’s Marketing and Agency Blogs, lists the 22 most inspirationaly TED talks. These videos are great resources for leaders of nonprofit organizations.
22 of the Best TED Talks to Inspire You
By Carly Sec| Hubspot | 062215
To help you break out of your typical content mold and learn something new, we’ve compiled 22 of our favorite inspirational TED Talks below. Watch them. You’ll learn, laugh, and maybe even cry.
1) Malcolm Gladwell: “Choice, Happiness, and Spaghetti Sauce”
2) Renny Gleeson: “404, The Story of a Page Not Found”
3) Sheena Iyengar: “How to Make Choosing Easier”
4) Joseph Pine: “What Consumers Really Want”
5) Seth Godin: “How to Get Your Ideas to Spread”
6) Andrew Stanton: “The Clues to a Great Story”
7) Kevin Allocca: “Why Videos Go Viral”
8) Sebastian Wernicke: “Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics (about TEDTalks)”
9) Elizabeth Gilbert: “Your Elusive Creative Genius”
10) Tom Wujec: “Got a Wicked Problem? First, Tell Me How You Make Toast”
11) Steven Johnson: “Where Good Ideas Come From”
12) Linda Hill: “How to Manage for Collective Creativity”
13) J.K. Rowling: “The Fringe Benefits of Failure”
14) Sunni Brown: “Doodlers, Unite!”
15) Derek Sivers: “Weird, or Just Different?”
16) Brené Brown: “The Power of Vulnerability”
17) Amy Cuddy: “Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are”
18) Arianna Huffington: “How to Succeed? Get More Sleep”
19) Susan Cain: “The Power of Introverts”
20) Shawn Achor: “The Happy Secret to Better Work”
21) Julian Treasure: “5 Ways to Listen Better”
22) Simon Sinek: “Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe”
Ted Talks inspire nonprofit greatness
We recommend that nonprofit leaders watch Ted Talks that relate to your organization, mission and campaigns. As you watch these videos consider the good you are doing and how you can do it better. Forward relevant video links to important staff and volunteers to inspire greatness in current fundraising campaigns.
The most effective fundraisers keep all donors (large or small, young or old) passionate and engaged from week to week, month to month, year to year. These individuals are not only excited to give, but they are excited to see the good their donations are doing. YouTube, Social Media and Text Messaging have made communicating the good you are doing less work and less expensive than ever before.