In his recent AdEspresso article, Dan Virgillito focuses on the best practices nonprofits can use to improve their facebook marketing. Virgillito is a freelance writer and content strategy expert that helps businesses and nonprofits alike to build their audience. AdEspresso is a leading source for news, information and resources. AdEspresso is a software company with a simple and powerful Facebook ads manager.
Facebook Marketing Tips For NonProfit Organizations
By Dan Virgillito| AdEspresso | 6/16/15
Nonprofit organizations need exposure for a variety of reasons… not the least of which is to secure funding. When you rely on conventional online marketing tactics to draw in donors, you’ve only taken the first step. Beyond that, you need to fine tune your marketing approach to gain wider coverage and recruit more volunteers for your cause.
So how can you get enough attention to achieve your goals? Social media marketing is the solution. This approach to marketing has a lower cost and enables organizations to connect with potential volunteers, sponsors, donors, etc. on a much wider scale.
5 Facebook Marketing Tips for Nonprofits
Dan Virgillito’s article covers 5 Facebook marketing tips for Nonprofits you can use today to connect with potential and current donors, volunteers, and staff.
- 1.Create engaging content like contests and giveaways to capture your donors’ attention and ask them to invite their friends and family to also help spread word about your cause while having fun and winning prizes.
- 2.Apply the Facebook ‘Donate Now‘ button to your page and posts to increase giving.
- 3.Reach a larger audience without spending a lot of money on Facebook marketing with ads that target specific groups, like journalists and bloggers for example, who can write about your nonprofit and give you wide exposure via their news outlets.
- 4.Communicate with your community by responding to comments to your posts. Not all, comments need responses as supporters will sometimes use the comment board to talk to each other.
- 5.Since it’s the very first thing visitors to your Facebook page will see, showcase your nonprofits cause using powerful imagery by creating a great cover image that makes an impact. You can also us this valuable real estate to call attention to your next fundraising event.
Facebook marketing can help you connect to the 91% of mobile internet users engaging with each other on social media, including the 1 out of 4 Facebook users who check their wall 5 times per day.