Chloe Schneider compiles a list of the 7 top holiday marketing strategies that can help companies build long-term relationships with their customers. Ms. Scheider is a Senior Content Editor @Mashable, a leading global media company informing, inspiring and entertaining the digital generation.
7 marketing strategies that will turn a holiday fling into a long-term relationship
Chloe Schneider | Mashable | 11/17/15
As the many big brand holiday advertisements trickle out online (like the highly controversial spot from Bloomingdales), the imminence of the lucrative holiday period has hit hard for many small business owners, sending strategizing into full swing.
With this in mind, we’ve gathered the top 7 marketing strategies that will win long-term commitment.
7 Holiday Marketing Strategies To Strengthen Donor Relations This Giving Season and Beyond
By applying the same holiday marketing strategies that businesses use to compete for and keep their customers, your organization can ensure long-term support from your donors throughout the 2015 Giving Season and beyond. Here’s how:
- 1. Give back to your donors by creating a special holiday thank you video you can post on social media or send out as a text update on December 1st, this year’s #GivingTuesday.
- 2. Make it easy for donors to give during the Giving Season with a custom holiday fundraising form embedded on your website and org’s Facebook page.
- 3. Segment your donor database to tailor communications and validate mobile numbers to send your custom messages via text, which has a 99% open rate, 90% getting read within 3 minutes.
- 4. Be transparent about how donations are being used to instill confidence in your donors and loyalty that will result in repeat giving.
- 5. Create videos that tell your organization’s powerful and moving story. Don’t forget to include a call to action so supporters know what to do to keep helping you fulfill your mission.
- 6. Build a custom survey that captures data in real-time to find out what your donors think and easily promote it via email, text message and social media.
- 7. Nearly every adult in the U.S. uses a mobile phone to surf the web, search for information and read emails and texts. Integrate your offline and online holiday marketing strategies with mobile to ensure you reach the largest audience possible.
Holiday marketing strategies that incorporate integrated, mobile fundraising solutions can help you make the most of this year’s Season of Giving and set your organization up for lasting success in 2016!