Mobile Event Strategy 101
Mobile event strategy: Mobile is an impulse capturing device and mobile messages are the most convenient strategy for event fundraising to engage participants. Messages must be entertaining or essential, or they will be ignored. Here is a quick list of the basics:
- Mobile is an impulse capturing device and the most convenient way to engage individuals.
- High visibility of text messages makes mobile number the most valuable piece of data to collect.
- 90% of texts are read within 3 minutes.
- Messages must be entertaining or essential, or they will most likely be ignored.
Key Stats About Mobile Event Strategy
- 99% of event texts are read and 90% in less than 3 min.
- 51% of event emails are viewed on smartphones
- 63% of smartphone users delete emails immediately if they are not mobile responsive.
- 35% open event emails based on subject line alone.
- 65% of event social media happens on mobile.
- 72% of all internet users are active on social media.
- 51% of event web searches happen on mobile
- 81% of mobile researchers said impact was the most important factor in taking action.
Know Your Event Audience
Important mobile event strategy considerations..
Millennials (born 1980-1995, 27.4% of us population) prefer text, are generally annoyed by voice calls, are active on social media and read email infrequently.
GenXers (born 1965-1979, 26.6% of us population) prefer text and voice calls, typically stay up to date with email and social media.
Boomers (born 1950-1964, 26.4% of us population) prefer voice calls, are late adopters of text, most use email, and some use social media.
Event technology helps planners build relationships and inspire more people while saving time. A healthy mix of text messages, email and social media posts will ensure you effectively engage people across demographics.
Getting Started with Mobile at Events
3 easy ways…
- Upload lists of participants to verify what phone numbers are mobile to start sending messages.
- Promote subscription keywords and add a subscription form to your website.
- Send TCPA compliant mobile marketing.
Try It Now
Text BIZBASH to 51555 to see how it works For demo purposes only
Before the Event
- Use mobile to make it as convenient as possible for people to rsvp.
- Collect mobile number as a required field on all rsvp forms.
- Schedule/send important messages to keep people excited about the upcoming event.
At the Event
- 1—Use a subscription form on a tablet at the check in table to signup attendees for mobile alerts.
- 2—Schedule/send important messages, videos and links to guests in real time.
- 3—Send real-time directions, reminders, last minute updates and notifications.
- 4—Ask attendees to promote event apps, social media pages and twitter hashtags via mobile.
Make Participation Exciting
3 ways to get people to text…
- Setup auto-reply messages with with links to exclusive videos and photos.
- Enter people who send texts into a drawing to win prizes at the end of the event.
- Setup auto-reply messages with with links for people to take specific action on their smartphones.
Examples: fill out registration forms, follow on social media, download event apps, sign petitions, etc
Tip: Brainstorm with your team ways to captivate audiences to send texts.
After the Event
- Send a thank you text message and include a link to personal video from the speaker thanking them for attendance and highlighting the good accomplished at the event.
- Strategically send ongoing mobile marketing messages to your subscribers to keep them engaged.