The State of the Mobile Experience
Amber Tiffany’s recently published HubSpot Blog post on a new infographic that looks at how people are currently using their mobile phones, confirms what we already know about the state of the mobile fundraising experience for nonprofits and their supporters. The infographic was created by Invoca, a call intelligence platform, and the Neilsen organization, which monitors and tracks consumer data. Ms. Tiffany is a Content Marketing Manager at Invoca.
Trending News | Amber Tiffany | HubSpot Blog | 02/11/16
How People Use Their Phones Today Infographic
In the age of mobile, using our phones to make a call just seems so … pedestrian. But in reality, we’re using our pocket-sized computers to click, swipe, search, play, and make phone calls — more than ever.
Let’s look at some stats about the role phone calls play in today’s mobile experience:
- Mobile calls to businesses will reach 162 billion by 2019, more than double from 2014.
- Nearly 3X more people use their phone to call a business versus fill out a form.
- 66% of millennials are very likely to contact a business by calling versus 22% who are likely to use social media.
Insider Outlook | Sean MacNeal | MobileCause CEO
It’s no surprise to us that people are addicted to their phones, especially when you consider what we already know about the mobile fundraising experience between donors and the nonprofit organizations they support.
- 96% of donors use their mobile phone as their primary device for staying connected
- Mobile-friendly donations pages, which can be completed from any device have 34% more submissions
- Text messages are read 98% of the time, 90% within 3 minutes
- 62% of crowdfunding happens on a mobile device
- 65% of nonprofit social media happens on mobile
This year we expect to see an increase in the number of faith-based, healthcare, educational and other charitable nonprofit organizations who adopt mobile-first solutions like text to donate, crowdfunding and dynamic event fundraising in order to reach their targeted goals of acquiring new donors, gaining recurring gifts, reducing admin time and lowering the cost of fundraising.
Summary: Reach and engage supporters by providing them with a mobile fundraising experience that makes it easy for them to stay in touch with your organization and allows them to easily give to your cause in response to email, text messaging, social media and more from the one device they carry with them wherever they go.