Julia Campbell’s blog post on getting mobile-ready for year-end fundraising is crucial to your nonprofit’s appeal during the most generous time of the year. In addition to tracking trends in social marketing to help nonprofits communicate and fundraise better, Campbell has 10 years experience as a nonprofit development director and marketing coordinator. She is the owner of JCSocialMedia.com and site content creator.
5 Ways Nonprofits Can Get Mobile Ready for Year-End Fundraising
By Julia Campbell | JC Social Marketing | 8/16/15
Year-end fundraising season is almost upon us!
No doubt about it, the nonprofit year-end fundraising rush starts earlier and earlier each year. Love it or hate it, you can’t fight it. But you can prepare for it.
Adequate preparation requires much more than writing a compelling annual appeal letter.
Your nonprofit fundraising message must be compatible with multiple channels – social media, email, events – to reach your potential supporters.
You know that your organization needs to get itself mobile-ready before year-end. But how to make sure you are prepared?
Here are five tips for getting mobile friendly.
1. Get over your assumptions.
2. Check all your online communication channels.
3. Pick a mobile giving method that works for your organization.
4. Donate via mobile to see how the process works.
5. Make things seamless and easy.
4 Ways to Prepare Now for Mobile End Of Year Fundraising
The holidays are chaotic enough without leaving end-of-year fundraising plans to the last minute. The best, and most stress-free strategy your organization can adopt is to start planning early so we’ve put together four simple tactics you can implement right now to help you get a head start.
1. Review and segment donor data for targeted appeals. Know your donors and their giving preferences, but don’t wrongly assume that older donors aren’t internet savvy or smartphone owners.
2. Set up branded keywords and donation forms to ensure you are ready for Giving Tuesday, which falls on December 1st this year. A crowdfunding keyword will provide your supporters the option to sign up long before December to become fundraisers on your organization’s behalf.
3. Use mobile-friendly crowdfunding, Text-to-Donate or both and promote via email, text and social media. Donation pages and ideally, your entire website, must be mobile-responsive to guarantee every single donor has the best giving experience with your organization. Keep forms simple and short to reduce incompletion rates.
4. Identify or build a strong community of supporters that will actively launch your campaign through crowdfunding or social media and text message. Spend time now cultivating these relationships with updates and valuable content shared over a mobile messaging campaign. This way, they’ll expect regular mobile communication from your org and be excited to help.